WCD – Workers’ Compensation Solutions is proud to have been selected as a member of the Signatory Steering Group of the Health Benefits of Work Initiative.
The HBOW Stakeholder Executive Group recently ran an Expression of Interest process to establish the SSG. There was strong interest in joining the SSG, with applications received from twenty seven organisations. Each organisation and their representative’s knowledge, track record and capacity to influence in the HBOW area were considered by a selection panel comprised of all members of the AFOEM HBOW Stakeholder Executive Group: the President of the Faculty (Dr David Beaumont), the Faculty PAC Chair (Dr Robin Chase), the Chair of the Executive Group (Dr Warren Harrex), the stakeholder industry representative (Suzanne Jones from Xchanging) and a College staff from the Policy & Advocacy Unit (Lisa Dive).
This selection panel also took into account the need for diversity in the composition of the SSG. As a result of this selection process, AFOEM is pleased to announce the HBOW Signatory Steering Group is comprised of the following organisations:
- Association of Self Insured Employers of Queensland (ASIEQ)
- Australian Rehabilitation Providers Association (ARPA)
- Employers Mutual
- Financial Services Council (FSC)
- Police Association of New South Wales (PANSW)
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- The Interact Group
- The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) and the Victorian WorkCover Authority (VWA)
- WorkCover Queensland
- Workers Compensation Solutions (WCD)
- Xchanging – Suzanne Jones, NSW Advisory State Manager at Xchanging, appointed as Chair for the first six months from the first meeting.
The Signatory Steering Group presents a unique opportunity for organisations to advance their work in this area as well as interact and collaborate with key stakeholders including statutory authorities, healthcare organisations, insurers and national employers.