WCD is a privately owned Australian Business that has been in operation since 1999. Robert, Geoff and Morag have worked to build a highly regarded company that attracts committed professionals to consult to some of Australia’s most well-known organisations. WCD is committed to the concept of the ‘Health Benefits of Good Work’; whether it be through returning people to their ‘good work’ or working with employers to ensure that the work provided is meaningful, safe and productive.
Whilst the origins of our services relate to the management of our customers’ workers’ compensation needs, we have significantly expanded our operation to include:
- An experienced and very highly regarded National Work Health and Safety Consultancy;
- EmployeeCARE services which assist organisations to implement well-being strategies, prevention programmes and services to employees with chronic health conditions. We manage the health concerns of all employees, including those with life insurance claims; and
- Ageing Workforce Solutions, where we provide organisations with the analytics and services to assist their mature employees remain actively employed, productive and engaged.
WCD has been called upon by entities to review and turn around deteriorating performance and financial viability of workers’ compensation portfolios whilst respecting the good efforts that have previously been applied. We have been asked to:
- Change the strategic direction for the management of claims,
- Change management thinking and
- Apply a fresh set of eyes to processes and procedures.
WCD has been recognised as being extremely successful in improving the outcomes for injured workers, improving the financial performance of the employing entities, and in circumstances where a third party claims agent is involved, improving their performance against key Scheme performance criteria.
At its heart, the vision of WCD is to help organisations avoid damage to their people and, in the event of that damage occurring, help them back into the workforce and their normal lifestyle in a manner that is cost efficient and compassionate.
Each consultant employed by WCD has detailed knowledge and a practical understanding in one or more or the above fields. They appreciate the balance between the commercial realities of running a business whilst ensuring the ‘Health Benefits of Good Work’.
Our Head Office contact details are:
WCD, PO Box 3100 Rhodes, NSW, 2138. Telephone: 02 8745 2000 Fax: 02 8745 2099